Photo of The Month – May 2012
The Square, c. 1915
Picture contributor: Society Archives
It would be a decade before these dirt streets were paved, but just a year or two before R.R. Haynes’ death changed everything.
Just above the frozen fountain, the white structure housed a barber shop, and perhaps another business or two. Could it have been the location of Hames Studio? Soon it would be torn down, to be replaced by the grand Memorial Building, which would bring little Cliffside much attention.
The other white building (far right) was the movie theater, later a dry cleaners.