Mill is building rest room for ladies
Cliffside, July 25—Work began today on building a two-story rest house for women by the Cliffside Furniture Company, facing on Route 207 and extends to the street leading down to the mills past the main offices. It will be thirty-eight feet six inches in length by eighteen feet six inches in depth, constructed of brick with concrete foundations, floors and roof. On the second floor, which will be on a level with the highway will be the rest room for women prettily furnished and with all the latest and best modern conveniences.
Quarters For Men
In the first floor reached by several concrete steps at the south side will be quarters for men and at one end a paint shop. T.A. Biggerstaff is in charge of the construction with a force of twelve men, and Mr. Carpenter drew the plans. It is expected that the building will be completed within six weeks and perhaps sooner.
The rest house will be open to the public and is believed to be the first of its kind in Rutherford County. All the stages stop to receive and discharge passengers near the site of the new building, and it will thus be a great convenience in those who await the arrival of these modern conveyances. It will fill a long felt need, and is evidence of the progressive management of the Cliffside Mills.
This item was printed in The Sun on July 28, 1927.