Mill Boosts NRA
From The Purple Cloud, November 1933
The Cliffside Mills were among the first in the state to adopt the NRA code, doing so a week before the required time.
To show their appreciation they are building a power house to supply the town with its own power. The house is to be seventy feet high and made of concrete and brick. They plan to use about seventy-five car loads of material before the work is complete.
The employers seem to like this forty-hour-a-week program, because they have more time to keep their surroundings clean and also more leisure hours.
The Purple Cloud was the Cliffside School newspaper in the 1930’s.